- You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer all 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- Include an image of the Liebster Award either in your post or in the sidebar of your blog.
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
Q. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I felt God place a message on my heart that I desperately wanted to share. I've always dreamed of helping others through writing and it's amazing how God fashions our lives so that His glory is shown through our passions.
Q. What is the best movie/book you've seen or read?
Favorite book?! That's like asking to choose between chocolate and ice cream. I'll give you a few of my all-time favorites:
-Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
-The Gift by Richard Paul Evans (or anything by him!)
-The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
-Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom (also anything by him!)
I could keep going, let's just say, I am bad at choosing favorites! But these are some I've read several times and always love 🙂
Q. Three things you can't live without
Popcorn, books, friends
4. Where was the first country you traveled to?
Cozumel - on a cruise with my grandmother
Q. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Quitting an almost finished master's program because God was calling me elsewhere!
Q. What is your favourite inspirational quote(s)?
God does not call the equipped, He equips the called.
Q. What is the best travel moment you've had so far?
We were on a plane scheduled to leave around 8. The flight was delayed because of a storm. However the airport in the country we were landing in closed at midnight. So we ended up taking off in the storm. We flew through a lightning storm. By far one of the coolest moments of my life. Watching the lightning shoot from cloud to cloud around us and from the clouds to the ground below us was AMAZING!
Q. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Write for the Lord. If you're writing for any other reason, you will run out of energy, out of words and out of stamina. When you write for the Lord, He will bless you and give you the encouragement and the words to say!
Q. What do you enjoy writing about?
I love being able to craft encouragement and fellowship out of my own experiences in a way that other's can share.
Q. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I would love to be able to focus on my blog and my writing full time. I dream of writing a book and would love to be on my way to that!
Q. What are you expecting to accomplish through your blog?
Encouraging others, working towards writing a book, and being able to make enough to support myself and help support our family so I can work from home!
Random facts about me
1. I was born and raised in Maryland.
2. I found Christ through Young Life
-and some amazing leaders and friends.
3. I've always dreamed of being a fiction author.
4. I love piano.
5. I love collecting books. It's my dream to have a library in my house!
6. I have 3 rare chronic illnesses. I'd love to do more to raise awareness so they can continue to research and find answers!
7. I LOVE being on the water, by the water, near the water 🙂
8. I grew up fishing and crabbing - and love both!
9. I have a massive fear of stink bugs and jellyfish.
10. I've always had recurring nightmares of tidal waves. Everything from the Day After Tomorrow scene to just sitting on the beach and a giant wave heading my way.
11. I LOVE coffee dates, dinner dates and any one-on-one time with friends 🙂
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your greatest passion?
3. When was a time God called you to something crazy?
4. Favorite book?
5. Biggest fear?
6. What is the first thing you do with an hour of free time?
7. Introvert or extrovert?
8. Tell us a favorite memory of yours.
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
10. Who is your biggest inspiration?
11. What do you do to find encouragement?
Congrats to the nominees and thanks for reading!